Newsletter Signup

Subscribe

* indicates required

The Avid Reader Award

Photo by Annie Spratt on Unsplash

Today, I've got the perfect tag for a blogging bookworm. I was tagged by Jenna and I can't wait to get into this, but first -

 avid reader tag graphic

The rules:

  1. Display the blog award logo in your blog. (Yep, look above ^)
  2. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you. (Thanks Jenna. You're sweet in tagging me!)
  3. Do not to forget to link to their blogging website. https://jennaterese.com/
  4. List your 5 favourite books.
  5. Answer all the questions they have given you.
  6. Nominate 4 bloggers of your choice.
  7. Ask them 10 questions.

And now for the fun stuff!

My 5 favourite books:

  1. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
  2. Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
  3. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
  4. The Merchant's Daughter by Melanie Dickerson
  5. The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
It should be noted that if this was based on favourite series, this ranking will be different.
It also should be noted that I would add all the Lunar Chronicles books (except for Fairest) if this list was long enough.
And note that the fifth place was fought over by Fawkes by Nadine Brandes and Within These Lines by Stephanie Morrill. Winner's Curse won because it inspired me in a way that these two books didn't. I am sad that they couldn't make it to the list but they have honorable mentions here 😊.

The questions:
1. What would your dream library look like?
Read here for this description. It is the last question. 

2. What three authors would you want to collaborate on a book?
I answered a similar question to this a while ago here, and I think even more that these authors are the best together, so I am not going to change that opinion now.

3. What author would you want to meet in person?
Nadine Brandes. She's such an awesome, funny, dorky and nice person. I can tell through her blog and her YouTube.

4. What's your favourite book in a genre you don't usually read in?
This is a little hard since I read in a lot of different genres, but I think The Song of the Winns (book one of the Gerander Trilogy) by Frances Watts is a good one since it is a book with the whole cast as mice. I don't read animal books anymore (and I really don't like them as much as human books) but this book (and its sequels) are awesome and I still remember how I was wowed by them.    

5. What's your favourite book to movie adaptation?
Easy. Howl's Moving Castle. The book and the movie are both similar and different, but they work so well that you're not bothered by the changes done in the movie. In fact, I think the changes are good for how the story was written for the movie. Truly, it is worth it.  

6. Hardcover or paperback?
I prefer paperback, which I have the feeling is because that I like to flick through books. (It's a habit not advised since you're likely to spoil things for yourself. Which is not something that happens to me at all. 😐)

7. Matte or glossy paperbacks?
I had to look this up... Matte paperbacks 100%.

8. What's your favourite indie book?
I feel so bad cause I haven't read any indie books that I know of yet. Only short stories by Hope Ann.

9. What genre will you never read from?
Horror (and Erotic)

10. Who's your all-time favourite fictional character?
I don't know if this is cheating or not, but my all-time favourite fictional character is Smoke. Who is my own character for those of you who don't know. If I had to pick one fictional character to meet (based off the answer to another blog tag) it would be Smoke. To be honest, it will probably always be Smoke when it comes to these things, cause I love him to bits and he's my first finished novel protagonist. Plus he's a character who never let go of me even when I let go of him (no joke).

There is a lot of links in this post, I realise. 😂

My questions:
1. What is your childhood favourite book?
2. Why do you love the books you listed above?
3. What is something that you always love reading?
4. What is your favourite overrated trope?
5. What is your favourite overrated trope?
6. Anti-heroes or anti-villains? 
7. What is your least favourite type of villain?
8. Where do you like to read?
9. Do you read by the cover or the blurb more?
10. What are your top three genres and why?

I'm tagging...
You!

I hope you enjoyed this and a good day to you.
Any thoughts? Do think you choosing your own fictional character counts as an all-time favourite character? Do you know what matte and glossy paperbacks are without looking it up? Have you ever seen a good movie adaptation? 

Comments

  1. I love Children of Blood and Bone! I was so happy to see it on your favorite books list! Do you know what clan you are in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get happy too when I see that someone loves a book that I love (which means this comment made me happy).
      Oh, no, I don't! Is there a quiz or do you pick one yourself?

      Delete
  2. Yessss paperbacks all the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are awesome, aren't they? There are some things that you just can't do with a hardcover. ;)

      Delete
  3. This is such a fun tag! *heart-eyes* I loved reading your answers. ALLLLLLLL the yes to The Lunar Chronicles and Fawkes! Some of my FAVORITES. Alas, I haven't read the other favorites you listed, but they're books I've been meaning to read. I MUST get on that!

    AND HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE! MY HAPPY PLACE. That is literally my FAVORITE books of all time. But I do love the movie too! It is true, it's one of the few times it almost felt okay for the movie to divert from the book. They're both delightful in their own ways. <3

    Thank you so much for tagging me! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is! And, yass, the Lunar Chronicles and Fawkes are just amazing. So are the others (of course) and I'd loved to hear your thoughts on them when you have read them. :)
      When I finally read Howl's Moving Castle, it was just amazing and delightful. It is also one of my favourites. And, yes, the movie somehow felt right in its changes. How rare and odd is that?
      You're welcome. I can't wait for your answers!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Goodreads

Miranda's bookshelf: currently-reading

Halo: The Fall of Reach
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com