Newsletter Signup

Subscribe

* indicates required

Libester Award 2

Photo by Brett Jordan on Unsplash

I was tagged for the Libester Award for real this time. So this tag is a first and a second. 😂

 The rules:

  1.  Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog. (Thanks Jenna)
  2.  Answer the eleven questions given to you.
  3. Share eleven facts about yourself.
  4. Nominate 5-11 other bloggers.
  5. Ask your nominees eleven questions of your choice.
  6. Notify the nominees once you have uploaded the post.
And now the questions you were waiting for: 

1. What do you like to do to relax?

Read a book, read blogs, watch a movie/TV show, look at and organise pictures on Pinterest, take (very short) walks

2. What's one of your unpopular opinions about books/reading?

Thinking on it, I'll say an immortal who looks like a teenager as a love interest for a teenager who is usually 17 years old. It seems like common/usual thing that keeps on coming up in fantasy stories, so I am guessing that it is popular. And I have an issue with it. I will still read the book but I will not like it ever. Nothing that happens changes how I feel about it. It's creepy, and to be honest it's wrong realistically (I'll spare you a rant today).

3. Do you have an auto-buy author?

Yes. Jody Hedlund and Melanie Dickerson have become authors who I will buy all their books (I haven't yet but am planning to) and will get super excited when they announce new books coming. I check every few months of their book writing progress.

I also believe that Nadine Brandes will become one of these authors too. I have only read Fawkes, but I loved it a lot and I want to buy her other books SO MUCH. I have a feeling that I will love them too.

4. What's one of your biggest dreams?

To be a known author. I don't need to be famous or rich (which is a good thing in the writing business), but I would like to be known enough by the world as an author, to have my stories touching a lot of people, to have a decent fan base and stuff like that. Basically like any average author who has done well. 

5. What's your favourite Bible verse and why?

Matthew 7:7

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Because of the message. I think it can be for both Christians and non-Christians, and that's just awesome.  

6. Are you a morning person or a night owl?

Morning person all the way. Being a night owl doesn't suit me at all. But waking up early (like 6-7) I'm good. 

7. Are you a cat or dog person?

Dog person. I deal better with dogs than cats.

8. What's your favourite movie and why?

Do I have one? I rather do a list, cause seriously I have never picked a top one favourite movie in my life. But I will just pick one of my favourites so you don't have read to a whole list. 😝

So I picked Princess and the Frog cause it's funny, has an interesting world, great characters, great plot, a good twist on the story of The Frog Prince, an awesome bad guy and has good themes buried in there. If you ignore the voodoo magic stuff, it's a really good movie and worth your time.

9. Team Cap or Team Iron Man?

Team Cap. Iron Man does have a great arc, but I still prefer Captain America over him any day.

10. What's one of your bookish pet peeves?

I feel like my unpopular opinion is a pet peeve too but I will tell another one, which is senseless deaths, or purposeless deaths. Books that focus too much on killing people for the sake of showing how horrible it is and with no other purpose is annoying to me. Yes, you should show how horrible it is and the casualties, especially in battle scenes, but at the same time if you're just killing minor named characters all the time, it numbs me and I don't care in the end. One book series did that, and when a main character died, I honestly didn't cared. There are other ways to show the horror and loss without killing a bunch of people, you know? I don't think it's okay to get numb about people dying, fiction or not. I think intention and purpose should be used more, especially with war/fighting filled stories. (And it is the same with movies.)

11. What would your dream library look like?

It will have the classic floor to ceiling bookshelves covering every wall. With those ladders that you can climb and move along each shelf. There will a window seat somewhere that you can curl up on and read by the sunlight. A corner with a cozy chair or pillows where you can hide and just read without being disturbed. There would be a lot of windows throughout the room, so not a dark sort of library. And I imagine there would be a desk with a lamp in there cause I'll probably want to write there too. 😄 

My eleven facts:

  1. I own one pet, a guineapig called Ribbon.
  2. I'm a slow reader.
  3. I love summer.
  4. I want to be traditionally published.
  5. I might become a hybrid author, publishing both independently and traditionally.
  6. I read most of my books from the library.
  7. I have written only one complete novel.
  8. I wrote said novel for at least three years before I moved on.
  9. I wear glasses.
  10. I use PowerPoint presentations to organise my story ideas.
  11. I love not wearing shoes.
 My questions:
1. What's your top three favourite authors?
2. Is the original story of something always better?
3. What is one song that gets stuck in your head?
4. Marvel or DC? Why?
5. Have you ever played a hidden object game?
6. Do you love retellings? Why?
7. What's your favourite fiction setting?
8. Are dragons overrated?
9. What's your personality type's name?
10. Air, water, fire or earth?
11. What's your most recent favourite film?

Well, this is open for anyone cause I tagged the only people I can a while ago and I shouldn't keep on piling tags on them. So enjoy the questions if you do this or just read the questions. (I have a lot of fun answering the questions in my head as I read them and I don't think I am the only one. 😉)

Have a great day!

Any opinions on my answers to the questions? I'd love to hear them in the comments!

Comments

Goodreads

Miranda's bookshelf: currently-reading

Halo: The Fall of Reach
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com