Newsletter Signup

Subscribe

* indicates required

Easter Meaning + Favourite Writing Songs

Photo by Alicia Quan on Unsplash

I thought since it is the Easter weekend, I should do a Easter post. Right now I have no idea what to write about. We all know what is is about. What new take do I have? I don't know. I guess all I have to say is to remember the sacrifice and resurrection of Jesus Christ. That He died for us and made us clean. He gave us hope when we had none. He gave us life, true life. He conquered over death.
During this time of coronavirus there is a lot of fear, panic and death. People have died all over the world from it. That's scary. With all the chaos of people doing stupid things, quarantine, social distancing and any other madness, it's easy to feel anxiety when things are spiraling out of control. It's uncertain times, guys. No one knows how long it will last or who will get it next. But we can have no fear and no worry through Christ. We can have security while the whole world falls down.
Do you know that you could not fear death itself? If we just think about that for a moment. Death is the one thing that is completely unknown. What happens next? Do we just die? If not, where will we go? No one can confirm the questions, except the dead themselves.
Okay, so this may not be as encouraging as I thought. šŸ˜ But I do have a bible verse in mind that I find so reassuring and can be our song in this time.

1 Corinthians 15:55
"Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?"

And an extra verse from the place where this line was inspired from, not the same but equally good:

Hosea 13:14
"I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death. Where, O death, are your plagues? Where, O grave, is your destruction?"

This is sort of power Jesus has. This is the sort of mind set we can have. Isn't that just amazing?


I also want to share today some of my favourite songs that tell about pieces in my stories. Yep, the first inside look into my writing projects. This was the original idea for the next post before Easter came.

"Warriors" by Imagine Dragons
This song is the main theme for my WIP Snakearaha. It is about what they stand for and will stand for. I believe this is my first story song ever.

"Tightrope" by Michelle Williams (The Greatest Showman, Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
This song is part of  my FHE series. It is particularly about Blossom and Smoke's relationship (the two main characters), what it is like, but it can also represent the other couples' relationships in the series too.
 
"Coat of Arms" by Jonathan Thulin
This song is about my protagonist, Taavetti, from The Cost of the Throne series, what he struggles with as a king.
  
"Fighter" by Glee Cast
This song is about my protagonist Smoke, who he becomes after all the struggles, pain and oppression he goes through. It's what he will say to the antagonist.
 
"Main on End" by Alan Silvestri (Avengers: Endgame, Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
This soundtrack will be the theme of FHE. It reminds me of all the characters from there every time.
 
"Stronger" by Matthew Morrison (Finding Neverland, Original Broadway Cast Recording)
This song is my antagonist's song from FHE. The moment when he decides to do evil to achieve his goals.
  
"I Am the Night" by Miracle Of Sound
This song too is an antagonist's song. It is about Vladimir from The Nine Siblings, what he will say as he attacks the human cities.
 
"Believer - Instrumental" by Sybrid
Theme song again for my standalone Reflection. It tells its story so well. *evil grin*

"Speechless (Full)" by Naomi Scott (Aladdin, Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
This is my protagonist Naomi's song from The Silent Nation. She's mute but she decides that isn't going not to stop her from "speaking out".

 "You Say" by Lauren Daigle
This is what I feel God will say to all my characters. This is what I too will say to my characters, especially the really broken ones.

"Another in the Fire" by Hillsong United
This song is particularly for the Cost of the Throne series, but I feel can represent to all my stories in some way, like the FHE series, for an example. This song is also special to me. I feel it speaks into every situation of my life and how I want to response to God, whether it is good or bad.

I hope you enjoyed this or encouraged you. Or both. Happy Easter.

Comments

Goodreads

Miranda's bookshelf: currently-reading

Halo: The Fall of Reach
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com