Newsletter Signup

Subscribe

* indicates required

Sunshine Blogger Award 2

Photo by Timothy Eberly on Unsplash

Okay, I know that I don't need to do this tag since I've done it before, but the questions won me over. You'll see what I mean in a minute.

The rules:

  1. Thank the blogger who nominated you. (Or the person who let you steal it. 😂 Thanks R.M. Archer)
  2. Display your award. (Done!)
  3. Answer the questions you were asked.
  4. Nominate 5 bloggers. (Nope)
  5. Ask 6 questions. (Fine)
  6. Let your nominees know they were nominated. (Okay, I will 😉)

    

The questions:

1. What's your favourite character trope?
I don't know if this is my top favourite, but I love villains with redemptive arcs. To me, it shows that villains are humans just as much as the heroes and it makes their stories much more powerful. Also, they make you relate to villains in a way you hadn't before. There is something so satisfying in seeing a villain getting redemption.

2. What's your least favourite character trope?
The chosen one. I am tired of stories where the protagonist is the most special of them all and is the only one who can save the world. And, in my opinion, chosen ones are not only the ones who are destined and have prophecies about them. No. They can also be protagonists who seem to be too special or powerful from the rest of the cast. They are the chosen ones cause they are literally the only ones who can save the world and no one else can
(This is not saying that it is bad or that it cannot be done well, it's just that they are one of, if not the most, likely of tropes to make me groan and roll my eyes.) 

3. What's your favourite thing about the writing community?
Just how encouraging and understanding they are. They really make you feel like you're not alone in your choice to write - especially in the area of making it a career.

4. What was the last indie book you read, and what did you think of it?
....I don't think I have read an indie book before (except for short stories). I really need to though.

5. What's the last song you listened to?
Download by Group 1 Crew

6. How do you outline your stories, or do you figure your story as you go?
I do both. With outlining, I either write down the important events that need to happen in a few sentences, or I write a line that explains what that important thing I need to write next. On the other side, sometimes I have only a vague idea what I want to happen and so I write from there, trying to complete that goal in mind. This method is more useful if I have been thinking on it for while rather than writing the idea out on the spot.

7. What are some of your favourite writing blogs? (Share links!)
These are just a few of many amazing blogs:

What a Novel Idea
Julia Witmer
Legend of a Writer
Jenna Terese
R M Archer
An Ordinary Pen
Go Teen Writers
Helping Writers Become Authors

8. Are there any elements you find make their way into most/all of your stories? What are they?
Yes, and they are romance and mythical beings/creatures. I am working on not having every single of one with a romance (I have a few, if vague romances with minor or secondary characters doesn't count). And as mainly a Fantasy writer, having either beings or creatures or both is both natural and required.

9. What's your favourite non-fiction book?
The bible. I know, I know, but I don't really read non-fiction (as in basically don't at all), so I don't have any others that fall into the favourite shelf of my mind.

10. What are a few of your favourite quotes?
I don't really have any. I'm not a quote person.

11. Houseplants: yea or nay?
I like houseplants, but I don't want to look after them, so nay.


Okay, here are my questions:

1. Do you plan your posts ahead of time or write on the day?
2. What was one myth about writing you believed in?
3. Would you rather like a hard truth or a nice lie?
4. What is your favourite outdoor activity?
5. Ideal reading spot?
6. Who is your newest favourite fictional character?


And this tag is open for anyone to take. Have a great day!


Have you read an indie book? Do you have a favourite non-fiction book that isn't the bible? I'd love to hear any thoughts you have.

Comments

Goodreads

Miranda's bookshelf: currently-reading

Halo: The Fall of Reach
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com