Newsletter Signup

Subscribe

* indicates required

Marvel Readathon

Photo by Road Trip with Raj on Unsplash

Today, I am excited to share with you the Marvel Readathon, hosted by Diamond! It is so cool and you should really try it out.
First things first, check out the original post!

Photo credited to Diamond

Marvel Readathon Announcement



Assuming that you did (seriously, go read it if you haven't, there's important stuff that I didn't mention at all), now I am going to share the books I picked out for this readathon.

For the first prompt, based on off Iron Man, I chose Six of Crows by Leigh Burdugo, the first book in the Six of Crows Trilogy (I thought this was a Duology, so that was a surprise).

Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)

For the second prompt, based off the Incredible Hulk (I haven't watched this movie), I chose Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson.

 Sorcery of Thorns
(If this is not green enough, I have others that will fit here too)

This book is also for the third prompt, based off Thor.

For the fourth prompt, based off Captain America, I chose With You Always by Jody Hedlund, book 1 of the Orphan Train series.

With You Always (Orphan Train, #1)
(This one will also work for prompt green and prompt Iron Man)

For the fifth prompt, based off Avengers, I chose Renegades by Marissa Meyer, the first book in the Renegades series.

Renegades (Renegades, #1)
(This one will also work with prompt Iron Man)

For the sixth prompt, based off Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (I have only watched the first season), I chose Reclaiming Shilo Snow by Mary Weber, the sequel to Evaporation of Sofi Snow. Cause some site said it was underhyped. To be honest, I had no idea what books were underhyped in my TBR, and so I was planning to skip this one. But then I decided to put the effort in.

Reclaiming Shilo Snow (The Evaporation of Sofi Snow, #2)
(It should be noted that at present I don't have access to this book and will probably not read it in the end)

For the seventh prompt, based off Guardians of the Galaxy... well, to be honest, I have nothing for this. I can barely handle people talking in the background, so how can I read with music?! I'll just skip this one.

For the eighth prompt, based off Agent Carter, I chose Children of Virtue and Vengeance by Tomi Adeyemi, the second book in the Legacy of Orisha and missing at least its third part (I am pretty sure that this series is a trilogy).

  Children of Virtue and Vengeance (Legacy of OrĆÆsha, #2)
(this one too is out of reach at present. I am not sure if I can read this one during the Readathron)

(I am not sure Six of Crows count in this since the third one is more of a plan than a definite, so I won't include it here)

For the ninth prompt, based off Ant-Man (cute touch), I chose The Memory Thief by Lauren Mansy. I know for a fact that this book is a small read cause I saw a physical copy on YouTube.

The Memory Thief

For the tenth prompt, based off Doctor Strange, I didn't chose a specific book cause...

The Memory ThiefChildren of Virtue and Vengeance (Legacy of OrĆÆsha, #2)Sorcery of ThornsSix of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)
Magic is common in Fantasy, you know
(Plus two more I will show soon)

For the eleventh prompt, based off Spiderman, I chose this one again cause the main female character is 16.

Renegades (Renegades, #1)

For the twelfth prompt, based off Black Panther, I chose Before She Ignites by Jodi Meadows, the first book in the Fallen Isles series.

Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
(Also works for the first prompt, and maybe the magic one?)

This one too will work for this prompt:

Children of Virtue and Vengeance (Legacy of OrĆÆsha, #2)

For the thirteenth prompt, based off Captain Marvel, again I didn't chose anything specific because...


Children of Virtue and Vengeance (Legacy of OrĆÆsha, #2)Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)Renegades (Renegades, #1)Reclaiming Shilo Snow (The Evaporation of Sofi Snow, #2)Sorcery of Thorns
The Memory ThiefBefore She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
(At least two of these has strong female characters...)

For the fourteenth prompt, based off Avengers: Endgame, I chose Siren's Song by Mary Weber, the final book in the Storm Siren series.

Siren's Song (Storm Siren, #3)
This one may or not be another I don't have access to. *cough* But in my defense, I finished all the books that I can at the moment and I am really in the stage of starting a lot of series, so...
(This one will also work for prompt green, strong female characters and magic)

Also this one too:

Reclaiming Shilo Snow (The Evaporation of Sofi Snow, #2)

And the last and fifteenth prompt, based off Black Widow, I chose... all the books listed above. I am so super excited to read all of these! (Especially the ones I have been waiting to read for a while now.)

So, these are my future reads for the Marvel Readathon! Have you read any of these? Are you planning to? Want to join the readathon?
Here's the link again if you haven't check it out yet!

Comments

Goodreads

Miranda's bookshelf: currently-reading

Halo: The Fall of Reach
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com