Newsletter Signup

Subscribe

* indicates required

The Music Tag

I stole this one with permission from Nicole. 😊
So, before I get into this tag, I have some thoughts about tags. The first one is that I thought it would be easier for me than other bloggers to tag people just because I wouldn't tagged them from the top of my head and would search the blogs that I follow to see if I could tag them. Well, I am wrong. Not only it is a lot of work doing that but also there a lot of blogs don't do tags or don't do it anymore. So, I have a lot of respect for bloggers who can tag people - whether a few or many. Also, I don't think it is a good idea to tag people who are on a hiatus, just because it's not nice for them or for you.

Photo by Marius Masalar on Unsplash

Now, for the rules:

  1. Write ten songs that come on shuffle (no skipping).
  2. Write your favourite lyric from each song.
  3. Tag some people.
So, I'm going to shuffle play my liked songs on Spotify. Hopefully, there will be a variety.

1. Closer by Tori Harper

I will praise You when I don't understand it
I will trust when I don't what the plan is
You put me back together
This pain won't last forever

 Well, I couldn't find the lyrics for this song, so I wrote down these lyrics from listening to it. Hopefully, I didn't get anything wrong. 😛

2. MONEY & FAME by NEEDTOBREATHE

Tryna take whatever I could get
But you know I had to pay for it


This one happens to be a song for my work-in-progress, Reflection. I love the sound (tune) and the truth of it.

3. Speak Life by Toby Mac

Well, it's crazy to imagine
Words from your lips as the arms of compassion
Mountains crumble with every syllable
Hope can live or die

The power of words. 

4. Something About You by Sarah Reeves

I'm better when I'm around You
Can't get enough of the way You light up every room
You got me singing and shouting
I can't stop thinking about it
I wish I could explain the way that You do what You do

This is the perfect words for how I feel about God. At lost for words basically.

5. Wait by Group 1 Crew

I'll patiently wait for you to come my way
And I won't hesitate when you make your way right to my heart
For now I patiently wait for that one sweet day
When you take me away with you and
A fairy tale will start
So now I patiently wait

I love this song because it's saying being patient for the right one is important.

6. Without You by Ashes Remain

Even if you take it all away
I'll wait, for you
Even when the light begins to fade
I'll wait, for you
I'm so desperate calling out your name
meet me in this broken place

Something about this was powerful. What a declaration.

7. Forever and Always by The Afters

I just know He is close to the brokenhearted
-
For every moment of your life
Through every smile and tear you cry
Even when your heart will break
When it feels like more than you can take
Through every single sleepless night
And every battle that you fight
From now until the end of time

This is truth for me. And how comforting it is.

8. While I'm Waiting by John Walker

While I'm waiting I will serve You
While I'm waiting will worship

This song has a little history. I first heard this in Fireproof (great movie, by the way) and I enjoyed it a lot. I mean, look at those lyrics above! It's an amazing song that is so inspiring and tells the way I want my faith to be. But it is not easy to look up if you don't know the artist. So the next thing I decided to do was wait for the end credits where they have the songs. I forgot a lot of times, but finally when I did, I couldn't read it! The words were too small. (I also tired to use Spotify to find it.) So my last attempt was put it into my computer and watched the credits from there, in hopes that I could read it. I managed to and now here it is!

9. A Lot In Common by Group 1 Crew

I see life colorblind still
Equality gets so hard to find
You and me both are one of a kind

Again, a song about truth. I have a few other songs like this one. I think it is important to see this view.

10. Seeker by Audio Adrenaline

This is God, Seeker of the lost
And forever father to the fatherless
He's the Hope of the world, every boy every girl
He's the Answer
This is God, This is God

Do I have to explain why I like this one? I think this speaks for itself.

So, in regards to tagging anyone, I won't today. Because I just tagged everyone I could and I'm not going to dump another on them. With that, I'm leaving it open for anyone who wishes to do it. Have a great afternoon, readers. 😊

Did you write down the lyrics by listening to it or looking it up? What makes lyrics stand out to you?

Comments

Goodreads

Miranda's bookshelf: currently-reading

Halo: The Fall of Reach
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com