Newsletter Signup

Subscribe

* indicates required

What you can Learn from Unfinished Books

Photo by Olga Tutunaru on Unsplash

Recently, I was reading a book that I was quite enjoying when I came across something that made me put it down. It was sad because I was enjoying the story so much, especially the world and plot. It inspired me actually. Which made me think of how, though I didn't finish it, I still learned something from it. It was alternative dimensions, something I had seen before but only now had fascinate me and made me consider it for future purposes.
This also led me to think of some other books that I picked up but never finished, some barely started even. And how I could learn from these too, whether it is something to write later or not to write. Mostly not to write, to be honest, but that is so important to know so you don't have your stories with the things that makes you stop reading. The things like style of writing, how you give information, descriptions and all the stuff that makes up the writing side of storytelling.
So, the point of this is to say to make the most of the books that you put down. Remember why you were interested in the first place, why you started reading it. Even the ones you didn't make pass the first chapter (I have a few of those). Inspiration comes from everywhere.
I know this is directed to aspiring writers. But if you're just a bookworm, I have a little something for you guys as well. To you, I'll say to file it away and use it to find another book that you might actually reach to the end and love. You never know. This world has so many books there may be another a bit like it. How blessed are we to have unlimited supply of books. No matter how many bad books there are, there are just as many good ones. We just need to find them.
So find the next book, paper adventurers!

Comments

Goodreads

Miranda's bookshelf: currently-reading

Halo: The Fall of Reach
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com