Newsletter Signup

Subscribe

* indicates required

2019 Highlights, part 3 - The Final

Okay, so since I started blogging, I felt more inspired than I ever did before (plus starting writing again) and so there are many things I wrote about during those few months, including January, before I switched to here. I've shared one of those things already.

Photo by Dimitry Anikin on Unsplash

But I'm also thinking that I should move from 2019 and write new stuff. So what I'm doing today is to write a short, hopefully not too long, summary of it all that so you know what had been on my heart then.
1. I wrote a review on the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer because I loved them so much. I'm going to do again as I want to share all my favourite books some time in the future. Lunar Chronicles would be the first when I do that. A heads up 😊.
2. I wrote about Solomon's Throne which was described 1 Kings 10:18-20. I mentioned because it's going to be an important object in my series, The Cost of the Throne.
3. I wrote about what had inspired my first book. The bare details are that it was based off a game I played as a child with my sisters and cousins. And that when it got rebooted when we were older, I decided to write about the character who I killed then resurrected to life... but on the bad guys' sides.
4. I wrote about the change that some of my characters went through since I first thought of them! Captain Shadow is the oldest and still surviving character who has gone through many changes in his lifetime. The others I mentioned in this post are Ricardo, Kayo and Taavetti (Tah-veht-tee). Taavetti has gone through another change since I last wrote that (the last day of November).
5. I wrote about all the fairy tale retellings by Melanie Dickerson that I own (I'm only missing one at present). I wrote it out as a best to worse list. Again, there's a review coming up about them in the near future.
6. I wrote about how Christmas is about joy and sorrow. I used "a time to laugh" and "a time to mourn" in Ecclesiastes 3:4 as the title. I shared about how people I know, friends and family, have lost someone at this time. I also shared an article that my pastor read at church as encouragement. I thought it was amazing. Death will come when Christ calls I added a song to it too, which is about realising the possibly that you could be losing a loved one. Called "Without You" by for King & Country.
7. I wrote about the meaning of Christmas. Well, the way I see it. I have an article that explains it really well. Writing to share hope
 So this is the rest of the journey of 2019. Thanks for baring with me with talking about 2019 when it's not January. If you want to know more about any of this, click here.

Comments

Goodreads

Miranda's bookshelf: currently-reading

Halo: The Fall of Reach
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com