Newsletter Signup

Subscribe

* indicates required

Two Views of a Wedding

I've realised that talking about my sister's wedding after it's been a month now is a little late considering how everyone else has touched on it and moved on. But I'm doing it anyway.

Photo by Alvin Mahmudov on Unsplash

So, my sister married in January. It was a beautiful day, no smoke from any of the fires that we had at the time (Thank the LORD, the worst of it is all over now) and not too hot that everyone died from overheating. I was a bridesmaid. Though we spent most of our time getting photos taken, I had so much fun socializing, eating food and dancing at the end. Overall, as a wedding goes, it was perfect, not just the weather.

A few months back, I think in September, there was another wedding for one of my older sister's friends. I served as a waitress there handing out chips and seasons mostly. It was a little chaotic but we (I was teamed with my younger sister and two other girls) still managed to handle it. The worst for me was a misunderstanding that didn't affect anything but my poor brain (I think I figured it out after the wedding). We had our share of drinks and food like everyone else and got to dance at the end! That was fun, once I got the courage to.

As you can tell, that's a pretty different view with a wedding. They were both quite the experience. I was in position where I saw what was going on in the background. I was looking on the wedding from outside. With my sister's wedding, man, I didn't notice any of that. I was instead very much part of it. It kind of blows my mind of how different the outlook of the weddings I went to. These were my first two as well.

This is making me think that you can miss so much from one point of view and that so much passes without you even noticing. I'm glad had these views. I feel there is something amazing about seeing something from another filter. You can learn a lot from it. One of them is that it gives you understanding of the whole picture. It kind of what it is like with God and you. He sees the whole thing but you only see part of it. That's not bad. Just means there's more to the story. And that was the same with the weddings. While I didn't get another view with the first, the second I did. As my mum was charge of all the food preparing and setting up, later on I had her take on it. It was interesting to have that.

Now, I never meant to go so deep with this than I had. It's funny how once you write, things just come to you and expand the thought.

I also realised that this is a good thing to think of while writing a story. How important it is to have more than one view or not.

I have a writer's mind always. 😛

Comments

Goodreads

Miranda's bookshelf: currently-reading

Halo: The Fall of Reach
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com