Newsletter Signup

Subscribe

* indicates required

My Return + Updates About the Blog & Life

I return! Well, kind of. Things are going to look different around here. 

Photo by Clemens van Lay on Unsplash

I'm still going to blog cause I love it, but posting will probably be infrequent or inconsistent, every few months or something like that. Whenever I'm in the mood and I have time. I'm secretly hoping that I will post at least once a month, but I'm also letting myself have room to just not worry about it for a while. Blogging isn't really much of a thing anymore, or so I've noticed and heard. The point is, I don't think anyone cares if I post a lot or nothing at all. They have busy lives and other places on the internet to be. I do too. I just want to keep going because it's fun.

It isn't about growing an audience anymore. It's about having a space to share thoughts with others without word limits. 

Another thing is that I'm starting a NEWSLETTER!!! Monthly updates, a closer look at the behind-the-scenes of my writing, what I'm currently reading and have read, life lessons God is teaching me, exclusive cool things, etc. A bunch of things I don't share often. Everyone loves that, right? So I hope you're excited! 

I am at least. 😍

With me now focusing on a newsletter, I thought the best way to keep up with blogging is to share the blog posts first in the newsletter. Make it an important part of what I share there every month (or every two months if I'm too busy with life...). Of course if I don't pull together a post in time, no matter. Like I said before, I don't want to stress myself out.

Also, if you have read my previous wrap-ups, then you will remember me mentioning that I was studying. I am happy to say that I am unofficially DONE!!! I am just waiting for the results for a maths assignment and I should be finish with studies for good! I am not planning to continue for long time (maybe forever).

I'm preparing to get my first ever job!!! Pray for me because I have never looked for a job before, and I'm starting later than everyone else does in my country. I know God has got this, but I'm still a bit nervous and I have no idea what I'm doing. Plus I'm not that great at talking with strangers. Extra prayer, if you have a few minutes, will help me trust in God with this situation.

I know all of my pages are in a desperate need of an update. I am planning to change them when I have more time to do them. I've been also slowly updating and polishing every single old blog post I've ever done. Just a note: I may completely change a line or a word or add paragraphs, even delete some sections I previously wrote and replace them with better ones, but I will never delete a whole blog post. The core of what I was talking about will always stay the same. What I shared with you guys will always be there to read again (if anyone does that besides me haha). 

And the last thing that I feel like I need to mention, since I've said in the past I was a fan and part of the fandom and all that, is I'm not no longer a fangirl of Marvel. If I'm being honest, I tried to love the new direction but ultimately I was super disappointed and frustrated with phase 4. At first, I was really enjoying it. I hated Loki but it was the only one of many. But then I kept doing hindsight and over time the things I loved got... worse. On the writing side of things, Marvel now actually sucks with that. At least to me phase 4 made the previous phases "bad films" better. And that's not good. It wasn't just one either. It was all of them. Every single phase 4 TV show and movie were making me cringe as a writer. I could appreciate the attempts with the old bad Marvel films, but phase 4 wasted its potential over and over again.

And with the release of Dr Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, I was so done. I had to say goodbye and it hurt (I literally started crying when I told my sister 😂), but it was worse waiting for them to write better stories that I could adore and think about and analyse for years to come when they care more about the flashy CGI and the epic superhero plot than characters and good storytelling. (And I won't talk about the other thing they are trying to do,  because I don't want to, but that is also another huge problem that I got so sick of being shoved in my face. I can never agree with it so go away. Plus storytelling is suffering because of it since they are putting it in so smoothly and subtly.)

Also I am just so exhausted with the constant release of a new Marvel TV show or movie every couple of months. Can I please have a longer break than that? I felt like I was overconsuming and it wasn't great for my mental health. I stopped being excited for the next Marvel release. I just felt tired instead. And I still feel like I'm recovering from consuming so much Marvel when I had quit Marvel after Dr Strange 2 months ago. (Actually, Ms Marvel was the last Marvel thing I watched but it took forever to finish because I was watching it with my family. The end of that was much more recent so maybe that's why I'm still feeling mentally bleh with consuming phase 4 Marvel.) 

I do want to say after all this, that if you still enjoy Marvel and love phase 4, that's great and I'm glad. This is completely a personal decision, and I'm not saying at all that you need to stop watching Marvel. Just want to be clear on that. 

Anyway, that's it. If you ever wonder why I don't talk about Marvel in 2023, that's why.

It's good to be back. I'll see you around. (Hopefully, in the January newsletter... 😉)


How have you been? Any new year goals? Are you going to sign up to my newsletter?

Comments

  1. Miranda! It's good to have you back. Good luck with finding a job!
    I appreciate you not deleting posts! It makes me sad when other bloggers delete posts/blogs.

    I get where you're coming from about Marvel. There are some parts of Marvel that I will always be a fan of, (like the Ant-Man, Spider-Man, and GOTG movies), but lately there's been a lot of their stuff that I haven't enjoyed. Most of Phase 4 has been a disappointment for me. So I understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It is good to be back. :) Thanks!

      Yeah, I feel the same way. I think it's important to keep what our past selves have done even if it's terrible. For the memories and to see how far you've come, where you've improved. I used to be a person who deleted (before I started blogging) so I also understand their position. For me, I ended up regretting deleting my old stuff in a different area though at the time I had a good reason to do so. But I still don't like doing it anymore.

      I'm so sorry to hear that new Marvel has also been disappointing you. :( Oh, absolutely still love phase 1 to 3 (well, most of phase 3 anyway haha). Also 1 or 2 from phase 4 that I still like despite all of their flaws. That's the only Marvel I care about now. Those are good ones, I hope the new sequels are decent. I'm too jaded to try them.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Goodreads

Miranda's bookshelf: currently-reading

Halo: The Fall of Reach
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com