Newsletter Signup

Subscribe

* indicates required

Snow White and Rose Red Tag

Photo by Andriyko Podilnyk on Unsplash


Man, I am so excited to do this tag!!! It's so awesome, and I can't wait to do it!!! 

It is a happy day indeed.

Oh, wondering what this tag is? It was created by Kirsten Fichter to celebrate her latest book release, The Bear of Rosethorn Ring! You may recognize the name from the two posts I did on this blog ages ago. (Yes, I know I'm doing this tag very late... but I don't care. 😛) 

First, as always, the rules:

  1. Copy the tag questions and answer them for yourself in your own blog post. 
  2. Link back to this post, pleaseandthankyou.
  3. Include the tag graphic somewhere in my post.
  4. Share the link to your answers in a comment on this post so I can read your answers!
Now onward to the questions! 😍

1. What's your favourite fairytale? If you can't whittle it down to one, give us a list!
King Grisly Beard, mainly because it never left me after I read it and I was so fascinated by it that I desperately wanted a retelling of it. King Thrushbeard is a very similar tale to it, but I don't consider them the same because a lot of the details are different (for example, the name for the king is different). So none of the retellings about King Thrushbeard count as retellings of King Grisly Beard (even though they are basically the same tale 😝). My brain just treats them as different tales, okay? 
Also Jorinda and Joringel. Also another one that stuck with me. If you haven't read it, you should check it out! It's so good!
 
2. What's your favourite fairytale retelling? Or retellings, since most of us have more than one?
I haven't read a lot of them, which makes me so sad. I realise I really enjoy them!
The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer are my top favourite retellings, they are so creative. I also really love most of Melanie Dickerson's retellings (Hagenheim 1-6, A Medieval Fairy Tale 1-3), The Wide-Awake Princess and The Frog Princess by E.D. Baker, and The Bear of Rosethorn Ring by Kirsten Fichter.

3. When were you first introduced to the fairytale Snow White and Rose Red?
I don't remember exactly how I came across this tale. I know that I was going down a rabbit hole looking at and reading some fairy tales, then I saw the title Show White and Rose Red, which at the time confused me greatly, because why the heck is Show White (from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs tale) in this tale? Turns out, this Snow White is not that Snow White. They just have the same name. 

4. If you awoke one day, cursed and lumbering around as a bear, what would be the first thing you'd do? Do you know why you're cursed?
Try to get help and not get killed. Also, no, I don't think I will know why I was cursed, which is very unfortunate and also really rude, like why did the person who cursed me didn't do it to my face (so I can figure out how to break it)?

5. Snow White and Rose Red kept a pet lamb. What would your ideal fairytale pet be?
A phoenix. Wouldn't it be great to have a pet on fire and one that doesn't die?
 
6. If you were to have a colour-based name like Snow White or Rose Red, what would your name be - and why?
Dawn Yellow, because dawn is both a lovely name and a pretty moment, and yellow is one of my favourite colours.

7. Snow White and Rose Red's mother planted two rosebushes in front of their cottage, one with white roses and one with red roses. Would you plant roses in front of your house, or perhaps another plant? Why?
I will not plant any sort of plant in front of my house, cause I know I will not care to look after them and they will die (unless they are great at surviving on their own, I might consider it since plants are pretty to look at).

8. A stranger knocks on your door during a blizzard, begging for shelter. Do you let him in?
Of course (I will just sleep with a knife under my pillow for the night).

9. Would you rather have your hair (or beard) caught in a tree, in a fishing line, or in an eagle's talons?
I would rather a fishing line, because I'm likely to be able to get myself out with minimal damage.
  
10. The dwarf offers his treasures to keep himself from being eaten by a bear. What would you offer the bear to discourage him from eating you?
Whatever bears like to eat that happens to be on hand (most likely honey).

I had so much fun doing this! Feel free to steal!

What are your favourite fairytale retellings? Have you heard of any of the fairy tales I mentioned before? What is your ideal fairytale pet?  

Comments

Goodreads

Miranda's bookshelf: currently-reading

Halo: The Fall of Reach
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com